This web site contains information needed to take Professor Jeffry Ricker’s course in introductory psychology at Scottsdale Community College (Scottsdale, Arizona).
The Facebook page for this course provides information, links, and more to those who want to learn about the science of psychology.
THE NEXT LINE HAS THE LINK FOR
LINK –> Test Dates & Assigned Readings
If you don’t know the date of the next test and/or what to read for that test, click the link just above this sentence.
The readings are from the online textbook, which you can access from the menu at the top of each page. (Scroll to the top of this page for an example.)
See this blog for some excellent recommendations:
- Contact Information
- Course Web Site
- On-Line Textbook
- Course Goals
- Course Requirements
- Making Up Missed Tests
- Withdrawal From the Course
Below are links to information about the material discussed in class each week, including videos and websites.
If you are a student in one of my classes and you would like to add a picture of your dog(s) to this page, please send them to me at Dr. Jeffry Ricker
This page has the following sub pages.
- An Introduction to the Psychological Sciences
- CHAPTER 1 – DEVELOPING SCIENTIFIC THEORIES
- CHAPTER 2 – ALTERED STATES: SLEEPING AND DREAMING
- CHAPTER 3 – THE STRUCTURES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE BRAIN
- CHAPTER 4: ASSOCIATIVE LEARNING
- CHAPTER 5: REMEMBERING AND FORGETTING
- CHAPTER 6: SOCIAL INFLUENCES ON MIND AND BEHAVIOR
- PRACTICE QUIZ QUESTIONS
- PRACTICE QUIZ ANSWERS