This web site contains information needed to take Professor Jeffry Ricker’s course in introductory psychology at Scottsdale Community College (Scottsdale, Arizona).
Click the following link to email me: email@example.com
My educational/professional experiences and accomplishments can be found at the following links:
Please Click the Link for Your Class Meeting Time to Get
Test Dates & Assigned Readings
The readings are from the online textbook, which you can access from the menu at the top of each page. (Scroll to the top of this page for an example.)
- Contact Information
- Course Web Site
- On-Line Textbook
- Course Goals
- Course Requirements
- Making Up Missed Tests
- Withdrawal From the Course
Below are links to information about the material discussed in class each week, including videos and websites.
The Facebook page for this course provides information, links, and more to those who want to learn about the science of psychology.
- Laptops are not permitted.
- PSY 101 covers material from many areas of psychology and, therefore, is a challenging course.
- Tests are based heavily on the readings.
- No test will be dropped.
- The only extra credit in this class is described in the syllabus.
- I am VERY strict about the grade cut-offs described in the syllabus.
- There will be no exceptions to the make-up test policies described in the syllabus.
- You will be withdrawn from the course after five (5) unexcused absences.
- You will be withdrawn from the course if you miss a test and don’t make it up.
- If a student has taken three (3) or more tests, that student will receive a grade for the class.
See this blog for some excellent recommendations:
If you are a student in one of my classes and you would like to add a picture of your dog(s) to this page, please send them to me at Dr. Jeffry Ricker
This page has the following sub pages.
- An Introduction to the Psychological Sciences
- CHAPTER 1 – DEVELOPING SCIENTIFIC THEORIES
- CHAPTER 2 – ALTERED STATES: SLEEPING AND DREAMING
- CHAPTER 3 – THE STRUCTURES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE BRAIN
- CHAPTER 4: ASSOCIATIVE LEARNING
- CHAPTER 5: REMEMBERING AND FORGETTING
- CHAPTER 6: SOCIAL INFLUENCES ON MIND AND BEHAVIOR
- PRACTICE QUIZ QUESTIONS
- PRACTICE QUIZ ANSWERS