This web site contains information needed to take Professor Jeffry Ricker’s course in introductory psychology at Scottsdale Community College (Scottsdale, Arizona).
Click the following link to email me: Dr. Jeffry Ricker
My educational and professional experiences can be found at this link.
General Course Information
Click the link above to see the test dates and the readings assigned for each test. The readings are from the online textbook, which you can access from the menu at the top of each page:
- If you want to print the readings, you can convert them into a printer-friendly format by using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, and downloading a free add-on from http://www.readability.com/
- You can get a copy of the syllabus converted to a printer-friendly format with readability.com by clicking this link.
- Contact Information
- Course Web Site
- On-Line Textbook
- Course Goals
- Course Requirements
- Making Up Missed Tests
- Withdrawal From the Course
Links to information about the material discussed in class each week, including videos and websites.
This page has the following sub pages.
- An Introduction to the Psychological Sciences
- CHAPTER 1 – DEVELOPING SCIENTIFIC THEORIES
- CHAPTER 2 – ALTERED STATES: SLEEPING AND DREAMING
- CHAPTER 3 – THE STRUCTURES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE BRAIN
- CHAPTER 4: ASSOCIATIVE LEARNING
- CHAPTER 5: REMEMBERING AND FORGETTING
- CHAPTER 6: SOCIAL INFLUENCES ON MIND AND BEHAVIOR
- PRACTICE QUIZ QUESTIONS
- PRACTICE QUIZ ANSWERS